10.9.12

Past the Two-year Mark

Somehow it's Monday again. I had my first and last Zone Conference in Odessa this past week. It's always awesome to learn from our Mission President and his wife.

We taught Sveta again, whom I mentioned last week and I think the highlight of the week for me was probably on Saturday. On Friday we met with her and talked a bit about baptism along with the Plan of Salvation. I then invited her to a baptism the other elders here would be having on Friday. She went to check her planner then told us that she definitely couldn't come. They next day we went downstairs from the conference to the baptism and there she was! She didn't even let us know she was coming, so it was a pleasant surprise. She didn't make it to Church on Sunday, but I called and she said she was thinking about it all day and that in the future she thinks she will make it so she has Sundays off. Things are going pretty well.

I wish I could say more. I'm loving my mission. Elder Pace is a legit companion and I'm grateful to be serving with him for my last transfer. He'll be my second last companion in life. ;-)

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Spirit witnesses to me that it is true. I know this is Christ's restored Church. It is a privilege to testify of it as an authorized representative of Jesus Christ. He lives and He's coming back soon.

- Elder Jonathan Mahoney

No comments:

Post a Comment